View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Re: NL50 - AA facing 4Bet All-in

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you are considering a fold, why did you 3-bet the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. Think about your plan for the hand before you take this action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Therein lies the problem - I really didn't have much of a plan (ok, I had no plan whatsoever). I really need to work on formulating a plan of action based on my reads and villain's actions. When villain raised me to 9, I felt like it was a bet to knock me off AK/AQ type of hands (but honestly, don't know why I felt that, or if I should have felt that). Instead of re-popping to $22, would a shove been better (at least I'd be putting the villian in a spot to make a decision). I (think) understand the reasons for just calling and trying to get a showdown cheaply, but that always seems to bite me in the arse and makes me uncomfortable to give away control of the hand (which I managed to do here, anyway).

On a separate but related subject, my natural tendency is to play weakly, but I know that I need to be aggressive (in the right spots) but then I end up straddling weak/agressive by betting/RR but doing so with a weak bet-size. And then of course, there is picking the right spots to be aggressive which may bring us back full circle that I need to have a plan beyond the current action. Thanks for listening to my ramblings and providing such good input!