View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Ugh... river donk

[ QUOTE ]
This happened a couple weeks ago and I just wanted a sanity check:

Bellagio 15/30

I open AJo as either the CO or button and get called by one or both of the blinds. The flop is AQ9 monotone giving me the J-high one card flush draw with my top pair. Checked to me, I bet and get called by one player. The turn is a suited T completing my second nut flush. Checked to me, I bet and get called. The river is an offsuit low card and villain donks. Villain seems like an okay TAG so far. Nothing special about his aggression that I've seen, not super-loose, and nothing incredibly stupid.

Is this an auto-call despite all of the high flush cards being out?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been all all sides of this one before posting, which is why I posted. I ended up with calling being the best play (which I did in this hand), following along similar lines of Private Joker, and it seems to be the general consensus.

Raise/fold - I liked this one because it sounds fun and exciting, but the truth is that I had no idea what he was donking, and when I have no idea what the villain is doing, I prefer to take a showdown line.

Fold - Admittedly, there is a large results-oriented side to this. He had KQo with the K-flush. It seems like whenever a generic TAGgish player takes a weird line, it's the nuts or close to it. This is probably a bit of selective memory. But it seems like the pot is too big and my hand too strong to be folding here without a read (and maybe even with a read).

As a follow-up question, let's say I had a one card K-high flush and the board was 9742 suited and villain donks. Do you change your line?