View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 01:30 PM

Default Re: Short Poker Essay: How to get broke, how to get rich

[ QUOTE ]
I thought the opposite would be true.

The average job a person holds in this forum is probably worth like < 10% of what you make a year. I would think that it would be easier to play poker knowing that you have a 6 figure job and even if you somehow had to sell your house you would still be making 6 figures a year. Not many can really say that in this forum.

You also had the discipline to go through pretty tough schooling (I think) so you obviously know you can grind it out for hours.

That, and being 31 and having experienced more than most people on this forum should give you more confidence than the average player on this forum.

All in all I'd imagine you would be more suited to be successful at this game than most people.

Put it another way, if I took your credentials and compared them to 5 random people in this forum I would almost certainly choose you 1st or 2nd in almost any situation as somebody I would bet/invest in being most successful in this game out of the 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chicago, I am more profitable than most players here and yes a lot of it has to do with my drive and ability, but the majority of it has to do with my brutal honesty. This is what makes me so successful, while at the same time so hated in 2+2 because others do not want to hear my brutal honesty.

And as for the money part, B.I.G was right: "Mo money, mo problems." I was 10x happier when I was broke growing up in the housing projects in North Carolina than I am now living in California in a >1 million dollar home.

Indy