View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 12:32 PM

Default Re: Trip aces with bad kicker in multiway pot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
c/r flop for value especially with multiple players invested. given your read you have the best hand almost always.

Passive play will not win the maximum here
- there is a good chance that UTG+1 will realise that he isn't going to take down the pot with his 89s or whatever and give up. having it checked through would suck.
- people will call you down with any pair anyways putting you on a lolflushdraw or whatever

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that the preflop first raiser is calling the flop bet doesn't concern you a little? I would have c/r the flop if the button would have folded on he flop but here, i'm not sure i like that play. Also doing so, i clearly tell my hand to the other players, this is why i was thinking about the turn.

I will try to be more agressive next time and by the way, nice read on the uTG+1, he had T9s [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The pre-flop raiser can actually peel here with any pair and he might not believe that the aggressive player has an A. When you overcall that gives your hand away as much as raising. Also, giving away your hand shouldn't be a concern in a pot this big.