View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 11:49 AM

Default Re: When do you quit for the night?

1) If the table is sweet, man up and keep playing, ahead OR behind. (I do set a hard limit on my losses at any one session. I hit that and I am INSTANTLY out the door. NO exceptions.)
2) Since sweet tables don't last forever, (fish do get filleted and leave) the next issue is physical condition. Am I making good decisions? Warning signs of time to go: Saying to yourself, "Oh, what the hell." and calling. When you get too tired to do the mental analysis, unless the table is just rocking, gotta go, or at least take a significant break.
3) ROI is an SNG issue. I posted a basic question about ROI earlier this week in the STT Strat. forum, and did I collect abuse. This group has been MUCH nicer to you. BB/hr. is the way we measure success.

The above are "all things being equal" considerations. Put these rules in the context of your life. Did you work BEFORE poker and are you tired? Do you have to go to work early tomorrow and an f/up there would be REALLY expensive, etc. So set expectations before you sit down to play that fit your life, but if the table is HOT, man up and PLAY.