View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Townsend range calculations article question

[ QUOTE ]
Let's look at the following example to show us how an opponent's range of hands drastically affects the proper decision. You are on the button with the Ah Jh and raise three times the big blind (BB) and are called by the player in the big blind. The flop comes 10h 7h 3s. It is checked, and you bet 6.5 times the size of the big blind (the size of the pot) and are raised all in for another 45 big blinds. The decision to call or fold is rather simple if you can put your opponent on a range of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he forgot his example was a C/R all in. But if the C/R wasn't an allin and the villain was hyperaggressive then a reraise would be the right move.

EDIT: I think I misuderstood your question. If you think you have over 50% equity then a reraise obviously is the right move. In his example the villain reraised to 45BB which any reraise might as well be AI if playing for 100BB-150BB effective stacks.

Now if the villain is hyperaggressive and both of you are deep stacked this is a bit more complicated and isn't so easy. If you already decided you have over 50% equity (easier said then done) then a raise is always the correct move if you are going to showdown. This becomes complicated if your raise still leaves a decent amount behind.
Example:
Effective stacks 300BB
Say in the above example you reraise to 130BB, villain just calls.
Pot=~260BB
You have to have a plan here depending on turn card.
If blank then...(will villain donk bet?) are we checking to river? are we calling any shove?
If I hit then...most likely value bet accordingly

Deep stacked here I think I would most likely just call the 45BB even if I am sure I have over 50% equity.