View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 11:04 AM

Default Hourly Rate, Table Selection and Number of Games per Hour. NLTRN

I have been doing some thought of late over which is the best way to play HUSNG's. As they are what i predominently play i want to make sure i am playing in the most profitable manner.

At the moment i have a monthly subscription with sharkscope and use explicit table selection where normally i will only play someone who has -10% ROI or worse, or have a much lower average stake than the game they are sitting in. This leads to me waiting around a bit more than most players i imagine. To compensate this i play a wider variety of limits, from 30's to 100's.

However, i am rethinking this and considering that just sitting first and playing whoever sits down may be better as the drop in ROI may be compensated by the increase in hourly rate.

I did some crude maths and worked out roughly that if you played the 50's and aimed for a $25 an hour hourly rate, then you would need the following win rates for the number of games you are playing:

5 games = 56%
6 games = 55%
7 games = 54.5%
8 games = 54%
9 games = 53.75%
10 games = 53.5%

These percentages are for turbo games, you can add 1% to all these totals for regular's.

Now i suppose the question i am asking is say i play 5 games per hour table selecting heavily will i be more likely to hit a 56% win rate than if i play say 8 games against randomly determined opponents and try and hit a 54% win rate.

I have also included 27% rakeback which i get at fulltilt to these results if we want to attribute this to poker stars or to someone who doesnt have rakeback you can just add 0.5% to the totals as a rough rule of them.

Any thoughts and suggestions and if anyone wants to berate my maths feel free.