View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 07:04 AM

Default Re: *** Official Breeders\' Cup Thread ***

George Washington is a sick sick horse but i would think that being from Ireland and seeing him run previously. 20/1 odds for him are brilliant and they wouldn't be bringing him over if they didn't think he had a chance, but i'm no expert. He has had a few injuries though and i think and he hasn't performed at his best in a few races, but if he runs well he will go very very close. IMO value for money maybe an each way bet is best. Was 6th in breeders cup last year didn't run at his best i think. Has also won some of the major races over here obv

I have no clue about American Horse Racing but Dylan Thomas is a lock in the turf race thats all i know IF he performs, maybe 7/5 are the odds i seen i'm not sure. He's won the Irish derby, Arc de triomphe (biggest race in Europe), Irish champion stakes, came close in Epsom derby got a bad race and won the King George VI and Elizabeth stakes, he has a rating of 127 with the closest contender being at 117. Hasn't run in America yet i don't think so you never know and i hear the horse called English channel knows the course well so maybe that will be the forecast (1&2) in that race. He's considered as one of the great horses over here anyways and horse racing is very strong here in Ireland & UK. Probably would have been considered the best had he won the Epsom derby

My bets are: George Washington E/W & Dylan Thomas FTW

But as i say i know nothing about any of yer horses so don't listen to me lol just saying what i know about the Irish interest in the race