View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 05:55 AM

Default Up $4000 in 24 hours - am I any good or just a lucky donk?

I played some months ago 5/10 NL and went from $1200 to $8000 then lost it all and ended up -$2000 overall.

I took a break and went through all my hand histories, analysing where I was bleeding chips and making stupid moves.

I played some low stakes for combat practice and tended to go up 3x my buy in then lose as the favourite to a gambling donk.

So I just abandoned my online game, played the home game where I have an excellent 65% ITM and 27% 1st place win rate.

In the meantime I watch a lot of High Stakes Poker and read Skalansky.

Recently, it was my birthday. I decided to treat myself to $1200 online. I used the account I had previous gone up $8K and down $10K.

In about 7-8 hours of playing 5/10 I made $4000 profit. This morning I played some 10/20 for about 30 minutes and made $1130.

I had two lucky hands over the past two days where someone had the nut flush and I had quads, got paid max. Also I had a higher set over someone with a lower set and got paid max too. My win rate when I see the flop is around 80-90%.

I'm pretty much thinking of withdrawing everything again before I donk it off.

My question is this, am I just a lucky donk the poker software is favouring (because of my abscence from the tables for months) or am I actually any good and should continue to play?
I am thinking of withdrawing ALL my funds next 24 hours.