View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 04:46 AM

Default Re: Just got paid.

[ QUOTE ]
Am I correct in saying that Mark Seif is mainly being accused of cheating beacuse of one session?
I would think if he was truly a cheat then there would be many more cheating sessions. Why just one? It does not make sense to me.
In addition, some of his opponents(somewhere in this forum) claim that he actually lost alot of money at Absolute. Can anyone confirm this? Does anyone have a PT database showing his stats for a reasonable period of time? It would be helpful if someone independent could post a PT database showing his stats and win/loss record. I would think if there are losses over a reasonable period of time or the wins are relatively small or unextraordinary then one could reasonably assume that he was likely not cheating. Cheating is chronic as the GRAYCAT account and his cohorts can attest and cheaters don't limit their cheating to one session.

[/ QUOTE ]

A very interesting thing with the old forum post - http://www.internettexasholdem.com/phpbb...as-vt34808.html - is that it is completely consistent with the ability to see all hole cards. "Sounds like he flipped a secret switch" is one comment.

This is a very lively description: " I saw something that I never have before in all my on-line poker play: obvious manipulation. Every hand was a complete dissection based on whatever Mike was holding (third pair was capped by Seif if Mike was behind or bluffing, for example.) About 10 or 12 k was basically stolen in 15 minutes (over maybe 100 hands), and here's the kicker: he was so pissed and beyond rational thinking that he actually wanted Mike to know what was going on! For example, Mike had K9 on one hand and flopped a boat. Seif was first to act after the flop, and FOLDED OUT OF TURN just that time."

This is not your average everyday 'poker is rigged' claim. It is very significant that the very same poker site is found to actually have this 'secret switch'.

Another striking similarity is the way it is claimed to be done so arrogantly and openly, as if it was meant to show that the hole cards could be seen.