View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 03:15 AM

Default Clock ruling at the Bellagio

I'm in late position on the turn against one villian who started the hand in early position.

The villian checks to me. I bet $50.

As soon as I make the bet, I lower my head so the villian cannot see my eyes because I don't want him to get a read on me.

After 30 seconds of his debating the call, a woman (not one of us) calls for a clock. The villian starts complaining because it seemed awfully fast for someone to call a clock.

I continue to stare down, not wanting the villian to get a read on me.

The floorman comes over, stands behind the dealer. he asks who the clock is on. The dealer makes a motion that I don't see because I'm still staring down like a statue at the felt.

The clock runs out and the floor pushes the pot TO THE VILLIAN.

I scream, "WHOA! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!?"

The dealer claims that the villian went all in three minutes ago and while I was staring down at the felt trying to prevent the villian from getting a read on me, I was the one who was on the clock.

I had no idea that the action was on me because the villian never put a stack out to signify his all in. The dealer claims he announced it, but 4 other players at the table are as confused as I am because they didn't hear a thing. All but two players (one was the villian) didn't know that the action was on me.

Villian takes the pot after the floor rules that my hand is dead. I'm mad because the Bellagio is loud as hell and I just didn't hear it. How was I suppose to know if he was all in if he doesn't put a stack of chips out to declare his bet?

Should I fight this one further or do I just have to let this one go?