View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 02:17 AM

Default Re: Ranges for 4 betting 150+BB deep? + Handling Floaters

PM,

In your first example, I'm calling with 99 almost all the time. And when I don't call, I'm certainly not 4betting to anywhere near 175. Maybe like 110? If you 4bet to 175 you're gonna get shoved on by all better hands (maybe not TT), and all worse hands fold fast. That's not what you want, especially when you have a good hand IP against a guy that will def stack off on lots of flops that are good for you. That said, if you think villain is loose/aggro enough to get AIPF with worse than 99, by all means do what you need to to get it in. I don't know many villains like that with 150bb though.

In the 2nd example, you have 3 options I guess. First is to double barrel, although villains that you describe are calling down with like 87 or 54 on that board probably, so I'm not sure that's the best plan. If they are that passive postflop, you could start slowing down more when you miss. The third option is to just not 3bet as much. If things aren't going your way and he's just NEVER folding to you postflop, you either have to make a hand or switch things up.