View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 01:54 AM

Default Re: The APPT Macau: The First Texas Hold’em Poker Tournament in China!

the_main,

I'm glad to hear you had a good time at the APPT Seoul. We're really happy with how that event worked out.

garcia1000,

The television footage will be shown in quite a few countries around the world. We'll announce details about that early in 2008.

blueman,

Thanks for your colourful suggestion about "a rule that players are allowed to bend and rip cards after a bad beat" like in baccarat when some players "mangle the cards when you get pissed and pound your chest and spew foam from your mouth when you win". We thought about it, but as we're going to be using plastic-laminated cards during the events I wouldn't want anyone to be injured while trying to tear the cards (and please don't try) or pounding their chest. But if you want to create a short modern dance piece interpreting that idea with paper cards, I'd love to see it on YouTube.

All,

Thanks so much for your interest in the APPT Macau and participation in satellite qualifiers on PokerStars. We already have 26 registered players for the $2,500 Main Event and 4 players for the $15,000. And judging by the buzz in Melbourne (I'm at the PokerNewsCup), both these games are going to be BIG. Exciting times.

Cheers,

Jeffrey
http://www.appt.com