View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 12:53 AM

Default Re: NL10 SH Showdown value with A high?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But this is played exactly like a draw. (And though I don't remember now I must have had an opinion on the villian which helped.) I think it's pretty thin, but I think it's good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really alot of draws out there. Without a better read, I don't think you can place him on draw > pot odds. I can see wanting to call with Ahigh sometimes since you are coming from a FL background. However typically in limit you have more series of bets inorder to assist you in guessing that A high is good and often you are getting better than 4-1. You should be doing much less calling with Ahigh in NL vs FL.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not coming from a fixed limit background. You are confusing me with the OP. I've barely ever played limit. I've been playing no limit cash for a while. I'm an ~5PTBB/100 winner at 50NL over my last ~120,000 hands.

This is obviously not a standard call with A high. I'm just trying to show OP that if you are ever going to I'd prefer boards like this with a possible draw and I like the paired board since it's less likely he hit the flop. Also the fact that villian played like he had a draw....sure his range includes other hands, but draws are deifnitely a good part and I'm getting 3.5 to 1 on the river. Like I said I think it's thin but I think it's good and the metagame aspect is going to be good.