View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 12:41 AM

Default Re: What about stopping at 3.1 for better sound?

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue">Why doesn't Apple have an AppleTV with a 300 to 500 gig drive?</font>

it uses a 2.5" drive. the largest available is 250GB, and those currently run $169.99 at newegg. compare to $109.99 for a 500GB 3.5".

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why did Apple go with such a small expensive hard drive? This product doesn't really require a small footprint (or the fast access times associated with small drives); anything less then the size of a regular cable box, DVD player or receiver seems to me akin to a refrigerator that doesn't fill it's opening. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Read a couple other reviews of the Apple TV since my last post, I think I'll wait on this. It seems like a product that is a good idea that simply isn't' ready for prime time (although it may be very good at playing my iTunes library of music in my living room).

This rant is really directed at Steve Jobs; I know he has many hits put sure can swing and miss now and then [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Meanwhile I'm putting off building a new PC for a while. My emergency desktop (a souped up eMachine running under Vista) is working fine and although I'm OK with Vista I'm not sure why it's taking so long to get established (other than the fact that it appears only marginally better than XP). The hand me down of this fairly fast PC would have given me the real old PC I'd tinker with to drive iTunes in the other room.

I'll look at your other links tomorrow; need to go out and celebrate Red Sox victory number 2 now [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick