View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 11:46 PM

Default NL5 - 5 handed 98s OTB

Just starting to seriously move into NL cash and I just wanted a sanity check here. This was a FR table, but it had got short.

Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $4.43
CO: $4.47
Hero (BTN): $4.27
SB: $5.07
BB: $4.13

Pre-Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.06</font>, Hero calls $0.06, SB folds

Is the call OTB here OK? I had a somewhat tight/weak read on CO and in general flops were 3-4 handed even with open raises on this table and I was counting on at least one of the blinds to come along.

Flop: ($0.13) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $0.08</font>, Hero calls $0.08

Obviously the dream flop, I decided to wait for the turn to raise because of the weak-tight read.

Turn: ($0.29) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $0.22</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.60</font>, CO calls $0.38

I get a beautiful brick turn, and raise.

River: ($1.49) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1</font>, CO calls $1

Another brick and I get in a value bet.

In general I'm not positive what I did PF was correct/standard, and I'm also unsure of my line waiting till the turn to raise. Other than that, was my bet sizing OK?

This hand just felt weird coming from a limit background where if I had called with that on the button, I would have been mashing the raise button on the flop, and I'm not even positive I would have made that call preflop in a limit game(but that could just be a problem in my limit game too).