View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 11:42 PM

Default Re: Not convinced KK all-in preflop up to 100BB is good idea (at $0.50NL)

[ QUOTE ]
A couple things -

1) Is this in PTBB?

2) It doesn't look like your sample size is enough for the event your looking at, I mean KK winning after being all in preflop 0 percent of the time between 120bb-200bb obviously isn't realistic.

3) The effective stacks seem to be somewhat small a lot of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Sorry, should have specified that. It's in terms of the Big Blind, not PTBB.

2) I agree my KK sample size at 120BB+ isn't very large. However, past the 60BB point there isn't a lot of data suggesting it would be at or above 50%. Past 60BB, KK wins all-in preflop 24/62 times, or 38.7%, with -28.38BB. Even discounting the 120BB+ point, it's 24/58 times, or 41.4%, with -19.46BB. I'd have to assume that if KK gets worse between 60BB-120BB, it will get even worse past 120BB. Looking at it this way, a sample size of 62 or 58 isn't horrible IMO -- but obviously I'd love to have a larger sample.

3) Yeah, I think this is for two reasons. First, people willing to go all-in preflop with less money at the table. Second, so many people at UltimateBet and AbsolutePoker at $0.50NL don't fully load up. I hate that, I always make sure I'm topped off. (On related note, I'm done with AP for now, due to the scandal. Moved all my money from AP to UB. I can't withdraw from UB at the moment due to complicated issues unrelated to Poker that I won't get into.)