View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 10:45 PM

Default NL50, two pair vs monotone flop

Vilain is 17/12/2.0 after 100 hands, didn't see him really get out of line.

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $54.95
SB: $30.90
BB: $95.30
Hero (UTG): $96.70
CO: $42.50

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $2, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50

OK, I know raising ATo UTG is a little loose, but the table was pretty tight and I wasn't really played back at, so I started raising a little more.

Flop: ($8) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $12</font>, Hero calls $8

I usually bet closer to 2/3 pot on the flop, but I didn't like the flop, so I chickened out and decided to only bet 1/2 pot. And then, as I usually do, I acted too fast, calling the check-raise, I didn't really stop to think and really put him on a hand. I figured he would slow play a made flush and I had two pairs, so even if he had it, I had a few outs. But I really didn't stop to think about what hand he might have.

Turn: ($32) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $12</font>, Hero calls $12

It was a small bet compare to the pot. At this point, I was putting him on a flush draw, but I wasn't sure. I almost came over the top all-in, but we were both deep, so I opted to take the cheap river.

River: ($56) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $15</font>, Hero calls $15

Again, smallish bet, I figured that I was ahead often enough to make this call +EV, but all in all, I was pretty lost on the whole hands....

Comments on every streets please, thanks in advance.