View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 10:37 PM

Default Re: 86s OTB on wet board

At the time, I figuired I would raise/commit myself as the villain was fairly aggressive and could be continuation betting a fair amount. Given the villains aggression and the fact that he could think I was drawing to flush, I was also thinking the chance of getting a 'free' river was lower than usual, as Villain could reason a double barrel being good too. So at the time, I didn't like call option. Although Nick C made some great points, and I think this line should be considered.

Firstly, what I didn't rationalize during the hand was Villain was firing on textured flop with 2 opponents behind him. This should decrease the likelihood this is a cb w UI overs and increase likelihood Villain has a legit hand as mentioned by Profish.

Secondly, if the board was rainbow, I like a raise alot more. If villain has a real hand he is more likely to call a wet, textured board like this vs. a dryer board. So my folding equity isn't as high as usual.

If you agree with the later 2 points, it would appear we should lean toward call or possibly even fold if Villain is going to barrel again. Agree?