View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Re: **Offical (or ..is it?) Phenomenon [tv show] Thread***

The host is a cheeseball. Chris Angel is full of himself. Uli Roth or whatever his name is is funny to look at, and his stares into the camera to make us guess what shape he wrote down on the card was priceless.

The touch guy was pretty good--I actually don't think Carmen and the gay guy were in on it. But it's obviously a trick of some sort. I've seen it done before somewhere. But I don't know how it's done.

Wolf trap is as someone earlier said--he broke a pencil with the small trap. Large trap was set to close just enough on his hand to grip it without injury.

Nail gun guy gets points for showmanship and for the fact that a real loaded nail gun was armed and touching his skull a few times on live tv. But besides the weight and listening, there are so many ways he could know the answer: small hidden camera on the table shows partner in audience which gun is loaded, then partner signals magician. Or the guns themselves have a tiny signal showing which one is loaded.

I didn't think the last guy was awful, but I've definitely seen that bit in Vegas before. Didn't both "masters" hate it, but then the cheeseball host said "one thumb up, one thumb down"?

Anyway, I give the show thumbs up.

Oh yeah, I guessed nail gun 5 and I also guessed the star. I suppose I didn't guess them; I...felt them.