View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 07:09 PM

Default Re: jokes you\'ve made IRL that flopped

A local law firm got a box at an MLB game and invited a bunch of big clients and a few other local professionals including myself. I arrive at the suite and am the first person from my firm there, the only people to arrive so far are several older established businessmen in town and a couple of lawyers.

Everyone is standing in a circle chatting and a lawyer I know introduces me to everyone, basically saying everyones name and what they do/which company they own (I am 27 and probably the only person under 40).

The last person she introduces ("Jim"), she only gives his name, he is well know to everybody in our city as he own a large retailer named after himself and does a ridiculous amount of local advertising (e.g. constant radio and television ads, his picture in the local paper every weekend).

I say the first thing that comes to my mind: "So Jim what do you do?"... uncomfortable silence... "My family owns a small retailer". Apparently 40-50 year-old business types aren't big fans of The Office.