View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 06:40 PM

Default Re: EDF Cooking Contest--Pumpkin Challenge

I thought we should talk about how to do the voting this time around. I think there should be multiple polls. First, I think we should do a regular IC poll where we vote for the best cumulative effort. Second, I think we should have a poll to vote for the best individual dish, since we have so many entries this time around. Third, I think we should have a poll that just has Million Dollaz in it. Maybe he'll get sufficient votes to continue to post awesome in these threads. That movie and the stick of butter still gets me. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Let's have more talk too about next month's contest please. Thoughts? Again, I nominate cranberries if we want to do another IC ingredient challenge.

If we want a general-type challenge, how about a "Your Mama" challenge? (I just made that up.) Thanksgiving brings to mind family traditional recipes. Anything would go, but the theme is reinventing the dishes we grew up with. This could be trying to best some recipe that's been handed down in your family or reinventing childhood favorites like making upscale homemade versions of dishes like spaghetti-O's, fish sticks, etc. Maybe the concept of this challenge is too hard to convey or maybe it's just crap. At any rate, come up with suggestions or bag on mine. We'll do whatever the consensus wants.