View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 06:39 PM

Default NL10 TPTK OOP raised on flop - I\'m totally lost here

Alright, this is totally horrible. I have no reads on this guy because he just sat down. The table was basically tight with a weak spot or two. Most pots are folded on the flop. I'll give you the tragedy first then follow with my thoughts:

Ultimate Bet No Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed)

SB ($18.40)
BB ($9.58)
BatsShadow ($13.21)
MP ($44.65)
CO ($3.10)
Button ($9.60)

Preflop: BatsShadow is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#CC3333">BatsShadow raises to $.40</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($0.95) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BatsShadow bets $.65</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1.30</font>, BatsShadow calls.

Turn: ($3.55) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BatsShadow checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $2.25</font>, BatsShadow calls.

River: ($8.05) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BatsShadow bets $2.50</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button goes all-in for $5.65</font>, BatsShadow calls.

My thoughts on all streets:

Preflop:
AK, duh raise

Flop:
Yay, I hit, but the flop is super draw heavy. I'm betting smallish because I want to bet the turn to make draws pay but I don't like making the pot too big. Crap, he raised me. No clue what that means because there are so many hands he could have. My thoughts of his range at the time (pure guess): KQ, KJ, oesd, flush draw. I considered raising again, but I don't want the pot getting that big.

Turn:
The thought running through my head is this could get out of control and I have no idea where I'm at. Should I have donked instead of checked since the card is safe? Now he bets the 2/3 pot. In hind site, I think I should've just check/folded here.

River:
I still do not know if he has KQ or a missed draw. Only a backdoor draw got there, the only hand I fear is KJ or a set. I tried to make a blocking bet that doesn't look too stupid, but when he raised all in, he didn't have enough chips and I felt like I had to call getting 6:1 or whatever.

What is your standard line in this situation - TPTK OOP draw heavy board gets raised? How can I keep the pot small or figure out where I'm at so I can fold?