View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Re: 5NL-a flopped set and a big draw

[ QUOTE ]

Flop: ($0.52) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.40 </font>,...

Turn: ( $1.32 ) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1 </font>, MP3 calls $0.45.

River: ($3.32) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

SEE NEW BET AMOUNTS ABOVE

Second:
Your river bet- [ QUOTE ]
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.35</font>,

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask yourself... what is the point of betting .35 into a pot of 1.92? (and please share, I'm curious.) Is this a value bet? Is it supposed to make a worse hand fold? Anytime you bet (and the amount you bet), there should be a reason for it. If you think your hand is best, you certainly want to earn more then .35. If you think you're not best and want someone to fold, certainly you're not going to accomplish it for .35. If you're scared that you lost, what does a .35 bet accomplish? If your opponent made a straight, unless he's a complete fool, he's going to raise anyways. And if you're going to fold if he raises, then why bet an amount that makes you look weak that a lot of players will raise purely as a bluff?

Frankly, at .05 tables... I'm happily getting my stack in with just about any set other I have bottom set and the turn looks like this...

10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

In the long run, you will profit.

HAND 2-
Without knowing his range, you're okay.
If he ONLY did this with sets and/or AA you should fold.
If he does this with KK or QQ you've approx 45% equity.
If he does this with JJ or less (non set), you are the favorite.