View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 04:45 PM

Default Re: about to colon cleanse - what\'s gonna happen to me?

[ QUOTE ]
Not really. It takes much more credulity to believe this than to believe an exercise machine is a good idea. And buying an exercise machine is a pretty good idea, especially compared to not exercising. By contrast, there's really no value in this product, and the claims associated with this type of product are much more outlandish.

If you look at pictures of this sort of thing, which are all over the net, they are more than a little preposterous. People crapping out long monstrous things day after day, as if that stuff had been hiding inside them somehow. Where would it all be stuffed into? Certainly your guts are not capable of holding that kind of mass and spewing it for day after day. What you're pooping is casts of your intestine because the ingredients include a kind of clay. This has been debunked in a number of online sites, and there is commentary about it, from doctors too, in the OOT threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was joking about the machine thing.

That's a good point about the clay. I agree that what comes out are casts of your intestines. If you look at the stuff, it's shaped like how you'd picture an intestinal "tube", with little lumps and crevices everywhere.

The part about all that stuff just residing in your intestines and then crapping them out I don't necessarily believe. But the thing definitely cleans you out. Like if you press a piece of clay against something, other things will stick to it. I'm sure you're right that a laxative could've done the same thing, and definitely for a lot cheaper. If I'm gullible here, it's for spending so much money on the stuff.

But, my main goal for doing it was to fast, which has many medical benefits, as described in that same OOT thread, and the clay definitely makes fasting tolerable. If something else could've done the same thing for less money, then I regret not using it.

Now with just one day to go, I'm glad I did it. Besides fat, cholesterol, and preservatives, I've also gone without caffeine and soda for a week, which would've been difficult w/o this fast, but that's another story.