View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 03:29 PM

Default Re: jokes you\'ve made IRL that flopped

I bomb a lot of jokes out of being way too crude and plenty because of being lame.

Two related to the same topic:

1. In a college class discussing birth control and it the implications that the hormone changes can have on women and sleep some girl was going off on a tangent about how "women have to take the pill, and women have to make sure of this, and women have to go get the morning after pill, etc. it's just not fair that a bunch of male scientists develop all these birth control methods that rely on the woman. they need to focus on some birth control methods that put the responsibility on the guy."

i then let out a too-loud mumble of "well i got a birth control method where men do all the work. its called pulling out." people just sat, mouths wide, like "wtf did he really just say that. I of course continue with "it's actually pretty effective, a lot more so than my previous method which involves a flight of stairs."

this one did not go over so well.

2. Female professor who is a huge feminist (says things like womankind when referring to all people or "no-woman's-land"). She is telling some (un)funny story about how she once was in a rush and put her coat on without removing the coat hanger and didn't realize it until she took her coat off when she got home at night.

Someone girl in the back calls out "Well at least if you got locked out of your car you would have been prepared!" people in the class chuckle.

Then I respond with "or if some student needed an emergency abortion!"

nobody was pleased with this comment either.