View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Help settle a debate: this guy\'s bluff good or bad?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
man, i think this is terrible bluff by him

what the HELL Are you ever betting on the river that you check the turn with that does not start with st and end right raight?

[/ QUOTE ]

y is this always a straight? just wondering

[/ QUOTE ]

almost all of fwf's other made hands bet the turn the majority of the time, polarizing his range to a bluff straight majority, although im' sure there are some two pair he can have or something strong even that checks the turn for whatever reason, but he surely didn't give enough info on that in his OP- for that reason, he likely rarely shows up with one pair hands in this situation that are bet-folding (since one pair hands make up almost all of his bet-fold range, some two pair also i guess, but all pretty hypothetical)

for that reason, i've got fold > call > shove for villian, and i'm usually liking a shove more than a call in hands similar to this- just not this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you're wrong about betting the turn w/my made hands all the time. i definitely go for the c/r with sets and QQ+ a good amount of the time (probably more than most), but i guess villain can't really know that

[/ QUOTE ]

seems like a fantastic board to bet hard since it's so drawy, i would check rarely in this spot because i think it gets checked through so often since people often check turn with medium strength hands that they might clal a double barrel with if your turn betting frequency on this type of board is high

basicallly, i would bet a ton of drawy type hands on this turn so i would almost always bet my strong hands, guess i shouldnt have assumed the same for you, just thought it was standardish