View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 03:11 PM

Default Re: Defense against the squeeze play...

[ QUOTE ]
Dude
It sounds to me that you were folding hands that you wouldn't be able to call a raise with anyway (8 high, 6high etc). I would suggest that you loosen up a bit and call 3 bet with the hand that you would call 1 raise and cap anything that worth 3 bets. If you feel that you being squeezed post flop then you can talk to the floor but i wouldn't. Great collusion is saving bets and not giving you odds postflop and sounds like they doing the opposite.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please understand this really isn't about "loosening up" and defending my blind. You're right; I had blind hands I wouldn't call one bet, let alone two.

The real issue is I'm seeing play that is at least on the borderline of suspicious pre-flop. If they are in fact working together, who knows what they are capable of post-flop when a 3rd player enters in on the flop. The fact that they are aggressive, decent players exasperates the situation as cheating becomes more difficult to discern from honest hard play.

Remember, they are sitting right next to each other, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility that something like this happens:

(1) SB sees an above average hand and action fold to the button. Before button acts, SB taps button’s foot to signal to raise with any two, so she can 3-bet.

Or

(2) Button sees an above average hand and the action folded to him. He taps SB’s foot to re-raise any two.

Regardless of what I have, this is clearly illegal, but difficult to prove.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding “great collusion is saving bets”. Do you mean one team member “tells” the other to fold because he/she holds a great hand? This doesn’t really make sense since they would appear to be playing of the same bankroll and splitting their wins at the end of the day anyways. It makes more sense to have both in the pot more often so they can make audible plays at will.

Garland