View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 03:07 PM

Default Re: **Fantasy Basketball Advice Thread**

Had my draft last night. Public yahoo "competitive" league, 12 teams, head-to-head, 9 categories (FG%, FT%, 3PT, PTS, REB, AST, STL, BLK, TO). Here's what I ended up with:

PG - Gilbert Arenas
SG - Cuttino Mobley
G - Leandro Barbosa
SF - Caron Butler
PF - Antawn Jamison
F - Gerald Wallace
C - Al Harrington
C - Andrea Bargnani
Util - Andres Nocioni
Util - Hedo Turkoglu
Bench - Brad Miller
Bench - Jorge Garbajosa
Bench - Jamaal Tinsley

Now to my question. I got Barbosa in the 5th round, which I thought was a steal. He's a top 30 player with these categories unless he loses a lot of playing time somehow. After the draft, somebody offered me a straight up trade of Chris Paul for Barbosa. He drafted Paul in the 2nd round so I'm a bit baffled here. Is this is a no-brainer and I should just take it before he changes his mind? Or should I try to get more out of him since he obviously wants Barbosa badly? The extra assists from Paul would be nice but I'm fairly solid there already.. giving up some 3PT would be ok since I'm likely way ahead of most teams there. If I had Paul I could also get rid of Tinsley and pick up some high FG% guy for subbing. Also when I picked Barbosa I thought he was eligible at both PG/SG but they actually have him at only PG. Either way, I'm in a good situation here but not sure what the optimal move is.