View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Jman\'s High Stakes Poker Trip Report (long)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The player came off like a nit because he *was* a nit. According to his own calculations he was only playing 10% of his hands, and only was in the game for about 40 hands. This means he was keeping more than a full rebuy in his pocket when he was only planning to play 4 pots, total, on day 2. A reasonable player would've bought in for the spare $220 and just got up from his seat if he went busto, but was still scheduled for day 3.

And even if raptor lists it as 1200bbs, the fact remains that 1.44 min-buyins is short.

Hopefully you'll learn something from this, but I'm guessing you won't. Nit.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is getting ridiculous. He sat down in a game full of people playing INCREDIBLY TERRIBLE--, and played somewhat tightly for a full-ring game (15% is probably about optimal in a normal, aggro game). This game was off-the-charts loose--people cold-calling large pf raises from tight players with J8o, K7o, etc., and he had just sat down against a table full of people he didn't know. On top of that, he had a maximum of two hours to play. People who think he should've been in there mixing it up are clueless at best.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't read the posts beyond this yet so this may have been said already. It looked like JMan came into day 2 expecting it to be the same type of game from previous seasons. It wasn't. We are watching some absolutely awful gambling poker being played and my guess is that a lot of these players had pieces of each other and split the profits afterwards. This makes it very unlikely that a new player can get a reasonable payoff even on his great hands. No way did Hellmuth just grow those pair of balls. They were bought and paid for by Daniel, Jennifer and one or two others. And Eli and Sammy absolutely had each other covered.

edited to add: LOL. I just read the post right after the one I replied to where he said the same thing. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]