View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Re: Custom chips art work help

Thanks for the input.

[ QUOTE ]

Here's my comments:

Design
1) Are you talking alternate side labeling? one white, one black on each chip? If so, the white side needs dressed up.. and lose the two dots

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea alternate side, but can you be more specific about the white side.

[ QUOTE ]

Other than that, the general concept design is good

2) Black label- go with a dark gray, rather than black, background in order to see the text more clearly. Also, is there really a need for the $ symbol?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have a look at the dark gray background. I though $ sign was standard on all chips even tourney chips.

[ QUOTE ]

3) Go with a red and black Ace

[/ QUOTE ]

Will do.

[ QUOTE ]

4) Is that a crown, or flames, on the cards? If flames... they need some work- flames aren't symmetrical. On the white background label, the flames could take up most of the background, if the black text is bolded/two-toned similar to the black label... ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Suppose to be flames, I'll suggest that. I also requested she make the design look like someone is peaking down at their hole cards to find AA. Waiting to see how that looks.

[ QUOTE ]

Colors
a) Why blue $25, rather than green?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wanted something different and really liked the combo that Stevie posted.

[ QUOTE ]

b) Chip color combos: Do they still do dayglo colors for the edge spots? The contrast seems kinda dull in the mock-ups.... or do you prefer muted colors?

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually thought the colors might be a bit too edgy, are you just referring to the 500 and 1000 chip or all colors?

[ QUOTE ]

c) If you keep the blue, pick a different edge spot. The yellow chip has an old-school feel... is that what you want?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like the blue [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] The yellow chip was recommended by them since I couldn't make up my mind. I didn't think it matched well with the set, but I couldn't come up with anything better myself.

[ QUOTE ]

d) Yellow edge spots on the red and purple chip... eh, not a fan, even with the shading difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah didn't like that either but I was assured that the shade difference would be substantial enough when they produce them. Again if you have any ideas on a better color scheme I'd like to see them.