View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Babar angry, goes to 5/10 (2 AK spots)

[ QUOTE ]
(i had another 2p2er sweating me and i don't think he'd say i was playing bad/tilty here but definitely a bit more aggro than normal).

[/ QUOTE ]
Full disclosure: c'est moi. And I did, and still do, think you were way too aggro in these hands. We were talking about another hand where I recommended a turn check/raise and you argued against it because you wanted a showdown and not to get taken to 3-town. I think a similar situation applies here, because both of these flops have the potential to hit your opponents hard, and right now you have squadoosh.

I like the second better than the first, but that's not exactly a ringing endorsement. It forces SB into a bad decision if he's got a gutshot, and allows you to take a freebie if the turn blanks. The downside is that donktastic BB might three-bet you here, and you're [censored].

The first is just spewtacular, since at 10 BB the pot is too big to get anyone to fold whom you want out, and anyone who does fold is drawing thin anyway. Disadvantages to checking are that it turns your hand face-up, and increases the chances that you'll face two cold from a bet/raise behind you. But those are minor concerns; you don't want to put two bets in on this street anyway.