View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 01:38 PM

Default Re: Just Say NO

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cops don't need a warrant every time kids. I've had my car searched specifically AGAINST my permission before. Out of the car, into the back of the cruiser, search time. I was so mad about the situation I spoke to an attorney afterwards. Guess what? His word against mine. gg me.

[/ QUOTE ]

So this particular officer had no understanding of the law as written? Either you're awfully wrong, or this cop was acting outside of the law and the power it grants him. Your attorney was also incompetent. Your poorly worded denial/bad luck/unwillingness to continue with a suit notwithstanding, the law does not allow for these situations, and your assumption that the resistance of said snitch would inevitably lead to other cops breaking laws is groundless.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get the impression that most of you are just speaking from what you learned in school and not real-world experience. It's shocking how ignorant some of these posts are. In reality, cops don't follow the letter of the law. Many are ignorant to even very basic aspects of constitutional law in the first place. Cops do violate peoples' rights. And they get away with it. And, *gasp*, sometimes shouting "I know my rights!" doesn't work when you're in handcuffs and your face is being pushed against a car hood.