View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Top two on a scary board vs Zeejustin in Caesar\'s 10k

I would fold preflop. The leverage that the player in position can use in a spot like this is so great IMO. I mean we flop top two pair, and all he has done is simply bet twice as the pre flop aggressor, and we are completely tortured with how to play the hand. If I did play the hand I'd prefer to reraise. I wouldn't mind calling with pairs and etc.

I have huge phobias about playing any deep stacked hands out of position though, because I suck at it, so I try to find any reasonable excuse to avoid doing so. It's just so hard to win a big pot, and control the pot size if our hand is good but vulnerable, and you know that your opponent isn't always going to make life easy for you.

FWIW I would call the turn also. Btw for just a general theory question, why are people always so ready to play such hands out of position? The disadvantage seems huge to going first, and it seems worth well more than the money we put in preflop in these spots. I know that this is beginner's question 101, but I always have trouble justifying having to go first for the whole hand against a good player. The difference being acting first and last seems so monumental to me, especially in a psychologically charged spot like this where we are both giant stacks on a bubble.