View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 11:43 AM

Default Re: OOT, What is your life situation?

[ QUOTE ]
I turned 25 in September.

I am a professional poker player. Online I am a proposition limit hold'em player, stakes ranging from 2/4 to 15/30, mostly in the upper end of that range. Live I play all forms of limit poker, 15/30 and up to, on one memorable occasion, 75/150 w/ full kill. This is my third year as a professional and by far my most profitable one.

I am single. I have, in fact, never had a real girlfriend, just one night stands and awkward quasi-relationships. I'm kind of at a loss for why this is.

I am almost never what I would call 'happy.' I am generally 'meh' spiced with semi-regular intervals of 'miserable' or 'flipping the [censored] out.' As best I can tell, this is largely due to loneliness and low social capital. I live among strangers, my work and primary recreation are very poor social outlets, and my friends in Atlanta, in one way or another, simply don't have the time / energy / inclination to be much more than casual, occasional acquaintances. This problem dominates my life and my thinking, yet I don't really have the tools or the temperament to come up with any ready solutions. On the other hand, I do what I please and have more money than I currently really know what to do with, which have got to be serious plusses in a lifestyle.

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't make any sense to me at all. Wasn't it just a few months ago you went busto playing .25/.5nl?