View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 10:39 AM

Default Continuation bet and turn )

I'm seriously after some advice here. I'm having problems with this one. If you get into a HU situation, miss the flop with your hand and make a continuation bet - is it a good idea to fire again? usually i just give up on it, if i miss the turn aswell. I know its not an easy question, as it comes down to the player and board. Even so, alot of my continuation bets are being called down atm and its soo frustrating. I'm betting 3/4 pot and pot size most rounds.

i.e say i have A,Q and board is 4,8,9 and i'm out of position. I bet pot, he calls..would most of you bet again on the turn, if say a 3 came.. even a K and represent it? obviously, the pot is getting large and expensive -) Usually, i'd give them the benefit of doubt and put them on an overpair and fold. I think, i'm stuck in Dan Harrington school of thought - "if they call your continuation bet assume they have part of it". Well, i have 5k of hands on Pokertracker and a BB/100 of 14.03 at 10/20c(micro) which is reasonable. I'm just looking to improve and this is a major flaw in my game. Any thoughts? btw, maybe in position its easier.. they bet, you call..they check and you fire at it. As they've shown weakness. I need to overcome this fear, usually i'm thinking - this pot is getting large for these blinds and maybe i should play safe. Very negative i.e i raise 80, he calls $1.90 in pot.. i bet $1.50 you get to the turn and its $4.90 and i find it hard to fire $3 on another bluff. Well, i'm going to give this a test run lol. If i'm having problems now.. i best forget moving upto 25/50nl ahah.

Overall, i'm just looking for a balance between aggression and stupidity. It might be around the right level atm. Anyways Thanks for any help and advice.