View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 10:36 AM

Default Re: AP infinity plus one - New AP Statement

I wrote this post this summer because I felt that, increasingly, I was coming across players that I felt new my hole cards.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post11377340

The kicker is that I have never played on AP and instead was playing on another site. Now my belief is that the easiest way for cheats to get my hole card information was from my computer and not the server. You become a Poker Enthusiast, download a spreadsheet or a software and boom you are infected in a very Poker specific manner (your own computer sends your hole card information (a view of your screen) to a designated IP) that antivirus software will not detect.

Now this statement for Joe Norton from the KGC :

"......this consultant devised a sophisticated scheme to manipulate internal systems to access third-party computers and accounts to view hole cards of other customers during play without their knowledge.’’

If this belief of mine and statement above is true it also means that cheating could occur no matter what Poker Site one plays at!!! This would mean that the AP incident could be the results of the thieves having found a better way of infecting everyone with/through the AP software.

As I have mentioned before, it may be that the AP story just represents the tip of the Icerberg.