View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 10:20 AM

Default Re: Parking tickets on Campus

Well,

I started getting them Freshman year. I ignored them, thinking since I was not a NJ resident they couldn't do the usual "we won't renew your license until you pay" thing.

I should add we were supposed to park in a remote lot that was about a 20 minute walk from my dorm, and there was literally nowhere to park where I would not get ticketed. Freshman and Sophmore year, though, the total was probably under $1000 as I at least made some effort to avoid tickets.

Junior year I started going to AC like 3-4 times a week, and this was when I really started piling them up. I would get back dead tired at like 8 in the morning and have to go to class. So I had no motivation and no time to park in the remote lot, and I got ticketed every single time.

Nothing happened to me though. Nothing in the mail, no notices of any kind, so I'm thinking its no big deal. Fast forward to 2nd semester of senior year, I awake to like 4 cops (wtf) banging on my door. They love getting a shot at Princeton kids, they scream at me and roughly handcuff me behind my back.

Before I go in front of the judge they are sneering at me "have fun in Trenton in the county jail" etc, because they think there is no way I will come up with $6700. The judge tells me if I don't pay in 24 hours I am going to jail. I say ok, go to my dorm and get my bankrolll (I played a ton live and kept a lot of cash), and pay the $6700 in cash, all hundreds. The cashier's expression was priceless.

Do I wish I didn't have to pay? Yeah, but I don't really regret it...I saved myself a ton of annoyance and discomfort.