View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 09:51 AM

Default Re: Full Ring 101 Questions - N00Bs ask here

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've seen a few posts where people are using Aggression Factor when assesing what a 'donkbet' means (She has a high aggression factor so a donkbet doesn't mean much, for example)

That's the incorrect stat to be looking at right? Isn't BetFlop% a better stat to be looking at when assesing donkbets?

It seems obvious to me, but i've seen lots of people drawing inferences from Agg. Factor. Am I missing something there by taking the aggression factor stat too literally (ie. How often somebody raises&bets versus how often they just call)?

I think thats n00bish enough to go in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont use this stat to infer much about thier donk bets. generally donk bets from TAGs mean they hit a set and are tryying to pressure u into raising (very +EV play in multiway pots when u have ppl to act after u). and LAGs just do it

most ppl over-use the AF #. that number doesnt have much meaning because it doesnt mean anything until u get to a big sample size (400+hands)

[/ QUOTE ]

Agression Factor doesn't take folding into account. So if I folded every hand that I missed the flop and never called but always bet or raised when I hit the flop my agression factor would be infinity. I've seen people infer that the higher the agression factor the higher % chance that the person is bluffing, that's not true.

People seem to refuse to learn this and even when I have linked them to the information, they have written out responses like I didn't check the link but you are wrong, lol.

Agression factor used in unison with Fold TO CB% and CB% is a useful stat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Link please?