View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Official SSSH LC/NC Thread for October!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
omg did you really play 22k hands at .5/1 and lose 350bb?

[/ QUOTE ]

He called down with t-high and it was good. You can't question that kind of genius.

Seriously abs,

You need someone to watch you play or something. Losing 350 at .5/1 is indicative of big big holes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow this post is irritating and ridiculous. Maybe that was the point.

About the T8 hand. When I stoved it, it turned out I was 2.7-1 to win against a random hand when I got to the turn, but I wasn't calling any river. I was 5-2 to call down, or 2.5-1. So, at the table I slightly overestimated my odds, although, like I said, I wasn't automatically calling down, but the river was good for me. As for the context of the hand, the guy was drunk or blowing off steam. He had a random hand here and later bought in for 10K at a 0.5/1 table.

About the graph. It is actually 0.5/1-3/6, with the last 15K or so being 0.5/1 (or about 150BB downswing.) But, seriously, to assume that you have to be playing at a certain level to justify a downswing indicates big big holes in your thinking. You might want to read some posts on stats or 'the long run.' I agree, that below 0.25/0.5 you shouldn't experience big downswings due to the players and the small rake, but any game with a significant rake and a player pool of aggressive (not necessarily good, but aggressive and high variance) players is going to lead to downswings.

I've had 300BB downswings before despite being a winner overall. But gee, I didn't know I wasn't supposed to have significant downswings before mid stakes. I'll have to stick to the small stakes until I stop having downswings.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]