View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 09:27 AM

Default Re: $25 PL - call this river bet?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think that BB has you beat both ways because he only checked the turn and it's unusual to do this with nut flush draw plus nut low draw. The presence of the bad player with a stack smaller than the bet to call should make this call easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does the bad SB tip the decision to an easy call? What if I was HU with the BB? The way I see it, the BB must be betting with the nuts in at least one direction. So I'm in effect putting in $7.50 to win $3.75 at best.

Anyone prefer a PSB on the Turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I call HU expecting to win half the pot at least 75% of the time and I also call without effort when SB is a decent player as long as his stack is too short to start a new betting round.

The decision is more difficult when SB has a deep stack. I'm not sure about the right play, but here's what I would do: I call and when SB raises and BB only calls I call again because SB is bad. When BB raises I fold.

All these calls may be marginal at best, but if you avoid those calls on a regular basis, some opponents will begin to dance on your nose sooner or later.