View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 09:27 AM

Default Re: Stars $50 50K...turn set in multiway pot...ugly river...line check

[ QUOTE ]
I hate the PF raise. there's nothing wrong with limping JJ... or even raise to 40. You don't want to play a big pot with it unless you hit a set and your overbet pre makes it big.
This type of play will leave you with some tough decisions for lotsa chips when you have one pair with overs on board.

Edit: forgot about the rest of the hand. Your turn raise was too small. The J isn't likely a scary card for your opponent, so raise full pot to make him pay to draw.
Check-calling his river minibet is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brandi..for Barry's sake I will ignore the suggestion that I raise to 40...will send him into convulsions if I do that...I agree limping is okay but why would I not raise here? If anything my raise was too low...Also I am in the CO and will have good position so I could play a slightly bigger pot...also since I have not played the $50 much I didn not anticipate 7 callers to a 7X raise (is this normal???)...I think I need to raise here to narrow the field and also to snag the button (that part didnt work).

I think the flop is standard and I guess I could have bumped a little higher on turn...