View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 09:22 AM

Default Live 5/10 deep -- call or shove

Live 5/10 at the Wynn, deep game.

Player #1 is a high stake regular making the switch to NL games from the big mixed games at the B. Mike for those that play in the game. Solid and tricky, plays somewhere between TAG and LAG, currently he is in a LAGy mode and seems a little frustrated. I have about 12 hours time with him, only significant hand with him was a horrible slow played AA by me taking down the pot with c/c OOP.

Player #2 is a regular in the 5/10 and 10/20 games. Is 100% LAG. I have the impression he is solid but trying to make an image. Has already got out of line twice in less than 3 orbits. Once raising blind out of his straddle and betting a flag on a A high flop blind versus ~$2K stack after being checked to.

The straddle is on nearly every hand. Effective stacks ~$5K.

Player #1 open from UTG+2 for $120, player #2 calls from MP folds to me on BTN with QJo and I call, blinds fold out.

Flop ($375): 9T3 rainbow, player #1 leads for $250, player#2 calls, I call.

Turn ($1125): 8 making a flush draw, player #1 tanks for a few seconds and checks, player #2 leads for $350...

At this point my read is player #1 likes his hand. Player #2 is making a non typical play here, he has been agro every hand I have seen him in, the weak lead smells really strong. My gut tells me we have the same hand.

So do I call the weak lead hopeful there is an overcall or raise from player #1 or just get it in now or make a raise?