View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 09:15 AM

Default Re: This game is killing me right now like I cannot believe (long)

Wow, these are the kind of Omaha stories I'll never understand. I've been playing Omaha online for about the past 6 months or so, generally at the 1/2 level or 2/4 level such as yourself. I never have more than 10 buyins at a site, and I haven't had to reload in the entire 6 months. You must play some crazy agressive style to be losing that sort of money. Admittedly I'm a nit, a nut peddler to the extreme, but I don't think I've ever lost more than 4 buyins in an entire week at PLO. I only play 1 table at a time however, sometimes 2, and play maybe 12-14 hours per week. To lose that many buyins in such a short amount of time, I cannot believe anything other than you chasing your losses hardcore and consistently getting it in with the worst when you KNOW you have it in with the worst. This crap I always hear about high variance, my hands never hold up, etc. etc. is just crap to me. When I lose an all in at this game, 70-80% of the time it's because I screwed up somewhere and butchered the hand. I checked my top set on the flop, I raised all in with a stupid ace high flush draw when my opponent has a set, etc. etc. Of course there are bad beats in this game, but I just cannot believe that you can lose that sum of money at 1/2 and 2/4 in such a short amount of time unless you are playing awful.
I am of course a nit and I'm happy to just grind out $500 a week for extra spending money because I'm an attorney. I never take shots at games bigger than 2/4, because being a nut peddler I'm sure I'll get run over by better players that can see through that. However, what I think is happening here is that you're moving down in limits to gain your confidence back, and you're making moves against solid players like me that always have the goods if we're playing back at you. You're in that downward spiral that winning higher limit players get into when they start losing, and my best advice is to take an extended break. Nothing but time off is going to stop this free fall.

Also, don't post your poker screen name on here whatever you do. ;P