View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 09:06 AM

Default Re: A very interesting ethics situation and a Bellagio Floor ruling

[ QUOTE ]
[
You guys are overlooking the most important part. What if I'm bluffing, and the guy prematurely calls. Can I take my entire bet back, even the amount that has been cut down?

According to your reasoning, I should be able to which is wrong.
The guy can can interrupt my betting, and get a cheap showdown because he only has to call what has been cut. Obviously I won't throw more money out there if I'm the only bluffing so it's win/win for the guy calling out of turn.

This has happened to me, both ways. Once when I was bluffing, and once when I wasn't. When I was bluffing, I left the chips I cut out and folded. The SAME person did it to me again a couple weeks later, and I said all in and the floor ruled that he had to call.

THAT is why this rule is in place. IMO, it's fine...dumbasses should learn to play in turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

If floors would act according to my rules, the bettor could increase his bet to the max, and try to force out someone attempting to angle a thin value call. This would also protect an inadvertant caller from being forced to call an exorbitant bet.