View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 06:29 AM

Default Re: AP infinity plus one - New AP Statement

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Ada,

I am a long time "listener", first time "caller".

You and others seem to have assumed the role of a conduit of information between AP and this forum, so much so that it prompted me to create an account because I thought I might add that some may consider you, and others, disclosing "inside information".

Given the you and others have obviously been made privy to information that is not accessible by the general public, why not disclose everything you know?

What is prompting you to reveal it in pieces?

[/ QUOTE ]

I find this curious too. After dropping drama-bomb after drama-bomb, there seem to be a consensus to release no more information after Nortons statement came sunday 21st. Adanthar then wrote "
This statement and what I was told is actually happening behind the scenes differs in several important respects.". It's an amazing discipline, compared to all the information that was released before this, that everyone that has supplied information before, have followed Adanthars footsteps and only repeatedly hint that they know much more, but will not say. It makes these threads very dull since five days.

I think I would have done the same though. There is an enormous difference in the situation, from documenting suspicions about cheating in a forum and having the company deny everything, to presently having the company confirm the suspicions and promising to investigate, tell everything and make eveything right. I believe you when you guys repeatedly hint that you are just waiting for what Absolute will do, and don't want them to be able to adapt their official releases one after one according to whatever new information is released in the forum.

This doesn't make it any less dull though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, there's the attention whore aspect of the whole thing. The need to be a "hero."

There's other possibilities as well, up to and including a some kind of confidence scheme. The closeness of those reporting to "inside" information is rather curious. I am suspect of the motivations of everyone, perhaps cynically, perhaps unjustifiably so. My gut tells me there are angles here from all sides. Maybe this whole thing was a set up from the word go.

I don't automatically make assumptions that there are noble and ideal motivations behind any of it. But then again, I don't know the whole story, so I can't say there are any dark agendas or schemes, either. That is to say, I am suspicious. That everyone just rushes to buy into the proffered explanations is naive, imo. I doubt the complete story will ever be known, but maybe I'll be able to get the book for free with some left over players points somewhere one day.

There is great entertainment value and popcorn munching from my perspective.