View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 06:15 AM

Default Re: Get your n00b out, uNL--Volume 2

Currently ground my $6 bankroll to $600. Started with small SnGs till ran awesome at the $4/180's on Stars while running goot at 10NL. Now I've moved up to 25NL (can't seem to win short handed) and appear to be doomswitched in all my donkaments, down 6 buyins and haven't cashed big due to variances and suckouts. Suggestions? Attempt to fix leaks in my game to beat 25NL while moving back down to 10NL? Decided to take a break this week and work on my stud8 game.

<font color="red">6 buyins is a nasty little downswing but nothing you should be too worried about. My suggestion to you is to do what makes you feel comfortable. I had a really bad downswing not too long ago that I knew was caused as much by my own bad play as by bad luck. To remedy this I stopped playing for a while, then moved back down to regain my confidence. I was well rolled for my level (50nl) so moving down to 25nl made me megarolled, so I was able to forget about the money and concentrate on playing well.

Never be afraid to move down. Your bankroll is far more important than "sticking it out" or whatever. </font>