View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 03:25 AM

Default Cake Poker installation problem?

I just signed up for a Cake Poker account this evening through a link on my affiliates site. I went through the whole process and began to play. I played on three or four tables for about 10 minutes and a message popped up on my computer from microsoft saying "cake.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close". I sent the error report to microsoft as one of the options and then all the tables were shut down. I logged back in and returned to the tables and after only 5 minutes the same message popped up. I played for a bit longer ignoring the message and then all the tables froze up.

At this point I decided to email Cake Poker's support team and got a speedy response. They said their first concern was that a firewall software from Microsoft called CareOne. I don't have that software I have something called MicroTrend PC-cillen. I've used this computer to run Party Poker, Full Tilt, Poker Stars, Absolute, WPEX, Doyle's Room, and Ultimate Bet so I don't think that my computer is the problem or at least the firewall doesn't block poker sites.

My question is has anyone encountered this problem and does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks for your help in this matter.