View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 11:00 PM

Default Re: 5/10nl live skill level is to _______ online

It all depends. I play a lot live, and a lot on line, NL and Limit. The first thing I can assure you is that there is no __X rule that goes across limits online and live.

Most people that say things like NL 5/10 live plays like online NL25 are basing it on there experience with NL Live 1/2 or 2/5, which in most places live have pretty juicy games compare to online. But by time you reach 5/10NL, there is real money on the table and the players are can be tough.

In my experience NL 1/2 often plays like a very small online game, like NL 10. This is simply because NL is very popular now, and 1/2 is the smallest spread. So the complete donks are sitting at 1/2. End of story.

To a certain extent, the same is true with NL 2/5 Live, you will find some donks with money. But you will also find players that know what they are doing.

With limit, I think the view that live players are substantially worse has more viability. live 3/6 and 5/10 are the smallest spread, and they are definitely softer than a stars .50/1 table. 10/20 usually plays at about a 1/2 level, but its different because its far more money. I've sat with internet donks who obviously know cards well enough to beat the game but start doing fishy things because they are not used to the stakes AND things move so slow that you have a lot of time to stew over a bad beat. 15/30 and 20/40 usually play like 3/6 or 5/10. Beyond that, I don't know b/c those are the largest games spread where I play.

Once you reach live NL 5/10, you certainly can't compare it to NL 50, thats for sure. And besides, having $thousannds on the table instead of a few 10 dollar bills affects people alot.