View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Universal Healthcare? Can it work? I\'m doubtful...

[ QUOTE ]
There is nothing inherent in the idea of a social entitlement that says people should not be compensated for their labor. Quite the opposite, progressives believe that everyone should be fairly compensated.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] *head asplode*

So you've been arguing for free market health care this whole time? I'm confused. And what is a progressive? The people I know that claim to be that certainly don't support anything like fair compensation. (No level of compensation that is not voluntarily agreed upon is fair. DUCY?)

[ QUOTE ]
Anther thing, arguing by analogy isn't valid. Stop it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

First of all, FORCING AN INDIVIDUAL TO PRODUCE A GOOD OR SERVICE is not merely similar to slavery by way of analogy, it *IS* SLAVERY.

Second, do you ever do anything besides assert? Health care is a basic human right because I say it is. Argument by analogy is invalid because I say it is. A given level of compensation is fair because I say it is. Black is white because I say it is.

Let me make this as simple and analogy-free for you as possible, although unfortunately I will still be using logic which you don't seem to understand either.

Is anyone MORALLY OBLIGATED to provide health care or not? YES OR NO?

If the answer is no, then health care clearly is not a basic human right, as you have asserted with no support.

If the answer is yes, then SOMEONE MUST be MORALLY OBLIGATED to supply it. This is logically inescapable. If doctors are morally obligated to provide more health care than they receive, then they are clearly net losers from this "basic human right," and thus are quite obviously not "fairly" compensated, even by the most bizarre standard of fairness. If everyone has the same obligations, then the poor are the evil ones by virtue of not providing. These are the only two logical conclusions. (You will no doubt ban me from using logic soon as well.) WHICH IS IT?